PIC24 Breakout Board
What is it?
This is a small (1" x 2") board with a PIC24FJ64GB004-I/PT MCU, 3.3V regulator,
reset button, power LED, user GPIO LED, JTAG header, USB OTG socket and
most I/O pins brought out to SIP headers suitable for use in a solderless
breadboard. With this board one can easily prototype small PIC24 applications
with minimum effort and expense.
What it isn't
This is not a full development system - you'll have to gather your own
programming tools, power supply, I/O devices, etc. This is not an Arduino
clone with all the low-level stuff already done for you.
- 16-bit PIC24 CPU rated for 16 MIPS
- 8kB SRAM
- 64kB Flash
- 15 Timers
- 2 SPI
- 2 I2C
- 2 UART
- 1 USB OTG
- 35 GPIO pins
- 13 chl 10-bit SAR ADC
- Onboard 3.3V Regulator (4.1V - 6V input range)
- Filtered Analog 3.3V Supply
- Power and User LEDs
- Reset button
- 5-pin ISP header
- Jumper selectable bus or host power
- Fits standard solderless breadboard with 1 row exposed on each side
- 2011-07-31 - Schematic started.
- 2014-05-06 - Major revisions for OTG.
- 2014-05-07 - Layout started.
- 2014-05-08 - PCB design sent to fab.
- 2014-05-23 - PCB back from fab.
- 2014-05-25 - Assembled, blinky light works.
Return to Embedded page.