STBone - BeagleBone form-factor STM32F427 board
What is it?
STBone is a small (3.4" x 2.15" - standard BeagleBone dimensions) board with
an STM32F427 MCU. Designed to support many BeagleBone capes via the standard P8/P9
connectors, it provides the following features:
- STM32F427VIT6 processor with:
- 180MHz ARM Cortex M4F CPU with DSP and hardware floating point.
- 2MB Flash
- 256kB SRAM
- 3×12-bit, 2.4 MSPS ADC
- 2×12-bit D/A converters
- 17 timers
- 3×I2C interfaces
- 4 USARTs/4 UARTs
- 6 SPIs
- SAI (serial audio interface)
- USB 2.0 full-speed device/host/OTG
- 10/100 Ethernet MAC
- LAN8720A-CP-TR 10/100 Ethernet PHY
- Beaglebone standard 23x2 pin connectors with many BBB-compatible peripheral interfaces
- Analog I/O
- 16-bit parallel FSMC
- Misc GPIO
- Micro SD card socket - 4-bit SDIO mode.
- USB Micro-AB port with device/host/OTG support.
- Power jumper for Host power (source) or Bus power (sink)
- 8MHz main crystal
- 32kHz RTC crystal
- Battery Backup option
- FTDI-compatible serial connector
- STLINK compatible SWD port for debugging and flash programming.
- Boot mode jumper to enable bootloader
- 5V center-positive power via 2.1mm barrel jack.
- Diagnostic LED.
- Power LED.
- Reset button.
This board was conceived as a simplified, low-cost stand-in for the Beaglebone
which would support many of the same I/O interfaces in a non-linux embedded
context. It has sufficient I/O resources to interoperate with many existing
- 2014-02-01 - Schematic started.
- 2014-04-07 - Layout started.
- 2014-05-22 - Initial routing complete.
- 2015-01-20 - Major revisions - sent to fab.
- 2015-02-28 - PCB back from fab and assembled.
- USB device and host modes work
- Ethernet works
- Minor bug - polarity of MagJack Speed LED reversed
- SDIO works
- FTDI serial connector works
- RTC works
- Backup Battery works
- 2015-03-05 - BCC and BCC S6 capes work.
- BBB P9 SPI and I2C ports work
- BBB P9 VDD_5V works.
- BBB P9 SYS_5V is NC - must jumper to VDD_5V.
Return to Embedded page.