This is a DAC designed for use in generating RF signals in the HF Bands
(100kHz - 27 MHz). The form-factor is compatible with a dual-connector Digilent
Pmod so that it can be used with commonly available FPGA development boards to
build a variety of signal generators, transmitter exciters and
Software-Defined radio functions.
10-bit 100MSPS TXDAC. Footprint compatible with similar parts up to 12-bits.
- Onboard 3.3V Regulator (5V input)
- Filtered Analog 3.3V Supply
- Digilent-compatible 2-connector Pmod interface
- Unused data bits brought to 5-pin header for misc interfacing.
- Optional footprint for Mini-Circuits RF Filters
- 50-ohm SMA output
TXDAC output spectrum driven by a 10.00MHz DDS implemented in an FPGA and
clocked at 50MHz.
Interested? PCB Gerbers and BOM are available above in the Design Resources section.
Cost for boards is about $16.15 for a set of three from OSHpark.com. Parts will run another
$50 or so depending on where you get them, what type of filter you use and which version of
the TXDAC you want.
Return to Radio page.